News and Updates
Below you’ll find the latest news and articles regarding ICVA and the NAVLE, as well as the most recent ICVA newsletter.
April 2, 2019
AVAWG ICVA Assessment Grant Program
A current initiative of our Academic Veterinary Assessment Working Group (AVAWG) is development of an assessment grant program to fund research programs focused on veterinary assessment within academia. The purpose of an ICVA assessment grant is to validate current, discover new, implement, and support best practices in assessment in veterinary medical education. Proposals that demonstrate capacity in building knowledge of assessment practices/methods (whether pre-clinical or clinical) will be given priority.
For 2019, a total of three $10,000 grants are available for researchers. The AVAWG will begin accepting letters of intent for the grant program beginning April 2, 2019 with a submission deadline of May 1, 2019. For more information please contact Jeanne Blasewitz at email@example.com. Additional details on the ICVA grant program are available below:
Timelines for the Grant Application Process
- April 2, 2019: Grant announcement
- Letter of Intent due date: May 1, 2019
- Full proposal invitation: June 1, 2019
- Full proposal submission deadline: July 31, 2019: 11:59pm EST
- August 2019: Application Review
- Applications will be reviewed by a minimum of two (2) ICVA AVAWG members
- September 15, 2019: Applicants notified of awards