News and Updates
Below you’ll find the latest news and articles regarding ICVA and the NAVLE, as well as the most recent ICVA newsletter.
January 2, 2020
I did not pass the NAVLE - now what?
If you just received your NAVLE score report, and you did not achieve a passing score, follow these steps in order to get approved to take the April 2020 NAVLE.
- If your state is GREEN on this map, all you need to do is go to ICVA.net and pay the $670 NAVLE fee plus the additional state NAVLE fee in one credit card transaction by the FEBRUARY 1, 2020 deadline
- If your state is BLUE on this map, you need to go to ICVA.net and pay the $670 NAVLE fee.
- In ADDITION, you need to contact the state board through which you are seeking approval, and complete whatever THEY require of you by THEIR deadline.
California NAVLE approvals are administered through the AAVSB (https://www.aavsb.org)
Illinois NAVLE approvals are administered through CTS (http://continentaltestinginc.com)
If you choose to change to a different state for the April 2020 NAVLE (other than the state that just received your scores), you need to complete the NAVLE application on the ICVA.net website AND
- if you change to a GREEN state on this map, please have your school (if you currently attend or have graduated from and AVMA-accredited veterinary school) or educational equivalency program (if you attend or have graduated from a non-accredited veterinary school) EMAIL verification of your educational status directly to email@example.com before the February 1, 2020 deadline.
- For graduates of AVMA-accredited schools, this verification can be a letter verifying your official graduation date or an official transcript. Certified copies of final transcripts and diplomas are also acceptable, but need to have hard copies mailed to our office so that they arrive before the February 1 deadline.
- if you change to a BLUE state on this map, please complete whatever paperwork your state requires of you before THEIR deadline.
All applications and supporting documentation needs to be received in the ICVA office by the February 1, 2020 deadline - no exceptions.